First time in 2015, last time in 2015.
Yes, it’s a net downhill course and the medals are nice and there is lots of refreshments at the finish but the cons far outnumber the pros.
1. There is no race-day bib pickup. Why, I don’t know. There are only 3,000 runners in this race. Race-day bib pickup could be accomplished for that many runners.
2. Because of #1, I paid $8 to have my bib sent to me in the mail. Evidently they didn’t do it since it didn’t arrive. I was told to go to Solutions tent to get a replacement. When arriving they only gave me a bib, no bag, shirt, etc.
3. Since I didn’t get a bag at solutions, I had no bag for bag check. I had to go to the Chevron station to get a plastic bag for my gear.
4. The water stations are plentiful but highly disorganized and poorly staffed. The poor kids there were frantically trying to pour enough water in the cups to keep up.
5. Its not really very scenic except for the finish, Just running along a freeway for most of the way.
6. At the finish I was finally able to get my goodie bag and shirt but they were out of my size. Even though I specified Men’s Medium on my entry form when i registered in April. Had to settle for a HUGE large shirt.
7. Since they gave me a replacement bib, I was not associated with my bib number in the results. I had to contact them to attach my information with the new bib number. They have since done this.