(2011) I was so looking forward to this one and I was a little disappointed
* Expo was good and had some great vendors and causes!
* pre-race traffic was NIGHTMARE! we left wth PLENTY of time and took the “recommended” route and almost MISSED the START because traffic was such a mess! Maybe take a lesson from Surf City and start the marathon earlier so we can actually get to the start line!!
* I loved the first half of the course, but the 2nd half was not very scenic and with the heat (I know you can’t help that) running on the streets was even harder! The part on the University was nice but would have preferred to do that part first and finish on the pretty parts along the beach!!!
* Finish Line – my 10 year old ran the last 1/2 mile with my husband and was stopped and sent into the MASS crowd by a volunteer. She was frightened and confused and all because this volunteer thought she might try to get a medal…really?!?! she’s TEN!!!!!
* slow finish for me but WELL within the course limit but water stations were packing up and moving out as I came through mile 22-24…WTH?!?!
debating whether or not I want to do this one again….