Found on Competitor.com and written by Jess Cerra
This salad has it all with a variety of veggies, marinated kale, crunchy almonds, sweet pomegranate seeds and a bright citrus dressing. Pile your plate high with this nourishing meal to power up for all of your training.
5 ounces chopped kale (about 6 cups packed)
4 cups chopped spring mix or other greens
2 cups quinoa, cooked
2/3 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup sliced fennel
2/3 cup diced cucumber
1/2 cup diced bell peppers, any color
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
1/2 cup whole almonds
1/4 cup freshly chopped mint
4 large limes
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons agave
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Note: Any of the veggies listed above can be replaced with veggies you have on hand that need to be used up, or add more veggies, seeds/nuts, or avocado to customize.
1. Zest two of the limes into an extra large bowl. Add the juice from all four of the limes, along with the olive oil, agave, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined.
2. Toss the kale into this dressing until well coated. Let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
3. In another large bowl toss the rest of the ingredients together.
4. Once the kale has marinated, add veggie and quinoa mixture to the bowl with the kale and toss until everything is evenly combined and well coated with the dressing.
5. This salad can be stored for a day in the fridge. Or, keep the kale separate and the veggie quinoa mixture separate for up to three days in the fridge and combine individual portions as needed.
Read more at http://triathlon.competitor.com/2014/07/nutrition/recipe-week-power-salad_102816#Ixsd320efb2dJvKo.99