Rock it in Aliso & Wood Canyons 5K & 17K
September 19, 2020 · Laguna Niguel, CA
Distance: 17K, 5K
Rock it Racing is excited to offer a race that includes its namesake: Rock it Trail in Aliso & Wood Canyons Wilderness Park! This is an incredible park with some beautiful and varied terrain…… shady creeks, wooden bridges, technical climbs, and nice long flat stretches of trail. Run it, hike it, rock it! If you are looking for a flat, fast course for your next PR, this isn’t the race for you, but if you are up for a challenge and running with some awesome people, register today!
The 5K is a fast out and back course along the Aliso Creek Trail (East) to Wood Canyon. The 17K (yes 17K, almost 11 miles) offers a few challenging climbs, including Rock it Trail, technical terrain, and nice long flat stretches. Both distances are almost entirely on trails except for one brief paved road crossing.
- Saturday, September 19, 2020
- 17K begins at 8:15 AM (subject to change). Participants must maintain an 18 min/mile or faster.
- 5K begins at 9:00AM (subject to change)
- Inclusions: Awesome custom race medal for all participants, shirt, race photos, post-race snacks.
- Prizes: Top 3 overall men and women in the 17K race receive special awards and prizes
- Age group awards three-deep, male and female, in the following categories for each event: 9 & Under, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 & UpLocation: Parking at Laguna Niguel Regional Park located at 28241 La Paz Road in Laguna Niguel. Race is in Aliso & Wood Canyon Wilderness Park, which is across the street (across Alicia Parkway) from the parking area.