Carrera de Los Muertos – Los Angeles
October 27, 2018 · Los Angeles, CA
Olvera Street in Downtown LA (DTLA)
Carrera de los Muertos is a vibrant 5k run that honors Day of the Dead. Join family and friends to remember loved ones that have passed in this rich cultural tradition. You will experience a great sense of community through a little exercise, art, music and a lot of fun.
Stuff We All Get (SWAG):
• Bib and entry to the 5k.
• Soft-Cotton t-shirts for all participants.
• Unique Finisher Medal for all participants.
• Runners Altar to honor loved ones that have passed.
• Post-Event Festival honoring art, music and community.
• Face Painters available race morning. Cost is $10.00 for a half face/calavera – Cash Only. *Limited capacity.
5k Course Description and Map
Can we say fast, fun and scenic (or rápido, divertido y pintoresco)? The race starts on Main Street, in El Pueblo de Los Ángeles Historical Monument, the oldest section of Los Angeles, and home to Olvera Street.
Race Day Schedule
6:45 a.m. – Race Day Registration Opens
6:45 a.m. – Pick Up Bibs / T-Shirts
8:00 a.m. – 5k Start
10:00 a.m. – Awards and Enjoy the Festival