Children for Children 5K
April 08, 2017 · San Diego, CA
Natasha Preece, Race Director
Natasha, 13 years old, is a passionate runner and altruist that wants to make a difference in the lives of others. With the help of her parents, Karla and Todd, she’s doing just that. Join Natasha in getting kids in the game!
The Children for Children 5K is a trail run at beautiful Mission Gorge Regional Park.
This race is for everyone! Mom, dads, brothers and sisters, friends and family, all ages are welcome.
- The course itself is a winding, undulating mix of narrow dirt trail and fire road with a few creek and bridge crossings sprinkled in. With the rains this winter the plant life is sure to be gorgeous on race day.
- There will be aid and water stations at the start/finish line and at the half-way point.
- Trail will be well marked with tape, flags and/or flour and course marshals on significant turns. .
Best of all, all proceeds go towards getting underserved kids into sports!
* The course is easily traversed by even our youngest competitors (last years was 6-yrs old) but a few considerations:
* Strollers are not allowed as there are a few rocky sections that would not be passable.
* Headphone use is discouraged. If you must run with music, use only one ear bud for safety reasons. After all your here to enjoy nature and the outdoors so take advantage of the sounds around you.
Click here for registration information