June 14, 2014 · Carlsbad, CA
Distance: Duathlon, Paddleboard Race, Triathlon
Help raise awareness about the importance of sustaining our coastal playground!
Carlsbad Beach Fest™ brings together the community for a fun-filled annual celebration of stewardship and recreation on one mile of beach, stretching from Pine Avenue to Tamarack State Beach. It is recognized as one of Carlsbad’s most important event of the year! More than 12,000 people are expected at the sixth annual Carlsbad Beach Fest on June 15, 2013.
FREE ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
Kids 1-mile fun run (requires registration), live music on multiple stages, green product vendors, kite-flying, sand-sculpting, surf lessons, prizes, a massive beach cleanup, Hands Across the Beach, and much more. Bring your beach chair and spend the day!
COMPETITIVE SPORTS INCLUDE:
- Carlsbad CRAWL Beach Tri: Swim, Run/Obstacle, Paddle
- Duathlons: Swim/Run or Run/Paddle
- Paddleboard Races: 6 Mile (SUP or Prone) or 1 Mile (SUP or Prone)
- Ocean Swim – 1 Mile
- 5K Beach Run or Walk
- Kids 1 Mile Fun Run – Free but requires registration.
- Pro & Amateur Surf Contests sponsored by SurfRide.
- Zumba Dance Fitness on the sand!