Spartan SoCal Beast & Sprint #2 Weekend
Temecula, CA, (Vail Lake)
Why race at Temecula? It could be argued that across the whole Reebok Spartan Race schedule, Vail Lake is the most all-encompassing venue. Boasting hills, sandy areas, grassy areas, swamps,
Why race at Temecula? It could be argued that across the whole Reebok Spartan Race schedule, Vail Lake is the most all-encompassing venue. Boasting hills, sandy areas, grassy areas, swamps, forests, muddy areas and a 1,000 acre lake — you will be faced with every type of terrain sure to keep you on (or knock you off) your feet.
With multiple peaks overlooking over a thousand acres of land, prepare for stunning views. Steep inclines will test your legs and lungs, and the course is perfect for those who enjoy trail running.
Need a tip? Bring water with you and make sure you are well hydrated leading up to the event. It will be hot, dry and if you are not prepared, your race time will suffer. Also, the winds that whip up the sides of the higher hills have a tendency of throwing sand in the air, we recommend a buff and sunglasses to protect your face and block out the light reflections.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. When you are finished tackling the course, Temecula has many balloon trip facilities. Given the beautiful landscape, it’s a great opportunity to view a part of southern California from above. Need to get your adrenaline pumping? Jump out of a plane to finally check sky-diving off your bucket list.
2. There is a large casino and resort nearby, so should you wish to test your luck at the Blackjack table, or throw some dice, you can satisfy that itch.
3. Feeling sore after all those hills? Why not treat yourself to a massage or visit one of the local spas. Rejuvenate yourself quickly and prepare for your next Spartan Race!
4. Temecula is famous for its wine, so naturally it’s only right that you should tickle the taste buds with what the locally grown grapes can do. Many wine tours are available, so be sure to check that out.
5. Still have excess energy to burn? Try some local scuba diving.
6. Are you making this a family weekend? There’s fun for the children, too. Pennypickle’s workshop, known as the best children’s museum in the world, could be somewhere you pay a visit.
7. Being only a short distance away from San Diego means that you are only a short drive from one of the major cities of not just Southern California, but of the country itself. Be sure to visit the city if you get a chance!