Events at this location
Use the code “RG15” for 15% OFF registration! Welcome to race #1 of the Bulldog Challenge Series. A quad-burning, glute searing and ego breaking 10k among the red rocks of Topanga.
Use the code “RG15” for 15% OFF registration!
Welcome to race #1 of the Bulldog Challenge Series.
A quad-burning, glute searing and ego breaking 10k among the red rocks of Topanga. LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!
Tucked away in magnificent Red Rock Canyon, Topanga, this hidden gem replaces the Tough Topanga for 2024. Bringing the Topanga spirit, this tough course features the same distance and vertical gain – it has it all from steep uphills, epic views, a descent to the finish like no other, and even an incredible singletrack section!
The 2024 Red Rock Rumble offers a winner takes all cash prize, a “Fastest Final Mile” cash bonus, and the fastest “Local Legend” award for Topanga’s local runners!! This event also features a Hiker’s Delight, a non-timed, early start directly to the summit.
Kids, get ready to race!! The 1/2-mile course for the little ones shares the start and finish of the 10k course, but turns around at the Red Rock Caves. The 1.5-mile course for the young teens climbs a super fun winding singletrack to the top of a red rock cliff before running down to the finish chute.
Finisher medals, overall winners and age group awards are handcrafted by local artists, the shirts are soft, a sweet design, and fit specific to women and men.
Sip some coffee before the start, enjoy a hard-earned breakfast after the race, check out the post-race festival, or make runner friends in the beer garden over your race adventures. There’ll be plenty of breakfast and places to sit for everyone. Stick around for the awards ceremony honoring the fastest runners!
THE FUN STUFF
- Soft male shirts- or female tanks
- Matching Finisher Medals hand-crafted by local artist
- FREE Course Photos
- Delicious Post-Race Meal
- 21+ Beer Garden
- Certified Sports Massage by Vision For Enrichment
- Coffee and/or Hot Cocoa
- Finish line DJ Announcers and Music
- Same Day Results
- The Red Rock Rumble course is steep, rugged and incredibly beautiful. This 10k course has roughly 1,392 ft’ of vertical gain and loss.
The course runs 90% on fireroads of varying condition, with a 1/2-mile of exciting singletrack, through oak forests, chaparral, wildflowers, over red sandstone cliffs and along a seasonal creek. Runners will have amazing views of the Backbone Trail and Saddle Peak all the way to Santa Monica and the Pacific Ocean as they climb the local Calabasas Peak. There are two major climbs and a downhill finish like no other. Get ready to turn it on for the Final Half-Mile time bonus!!
- The Hiker’s Delight appeals to the non-competitive folks, featuring an early start and less vert, but with full access to all aid stations and all the swag. The Hiker’s Delight is a non-timed event.
- This 4.81 mile course has roughly 1,140 ft’ of vertical gain and loss.
- This 1.5 miles kids’ race is for ages from 11-16, has roughly 292 ft’ of vertical gain and loss.
- This 1/2 mile kids’ race is for ages 10 & under, has roughly 66 ft’ of vertical gain and loss.