XTERRA WETSTUITS Mission Bay TriathlonMission Bay
Join us at the birthplace of the sport for the XTERRA Wetsuits Mission Bay Triathlon!
2024 is the 37th annual XTERRA Wetsuits Mission Bay Triathlon benefitting Life Sports Foundation. San Diego is the Birthplace of Triathlon! In 1974, the first Mission Bay Triathlon was as a run-bike-swim-run event on Fiesta Island by the San Diego Track Club. Every year competitors from around the country and from around the world, come to Mission Bay to celebrate the birthplace triathlon. We invite you to become part of this wonderful legacy event and become part of history!
THIS IS TRIATHLONS’ 50TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION! – BE PART OF HISTORY
The event offers races for adults and kids, from complete beginners to seasoned Professionals. There are many different races going on simultaneously, and while a traditional Triathlon is Swim / Bike / Run, KOZ Events, the organizer of the San Diego Triathlon Series, offers more of a Multisport Race. Our race is very inclusive and we make triathlon accessible to as many people as possible. We have the traditional Swim/bike/ Run Triathlon but we offer so much more. If you do not like swimming, we have the Duathlon which is a Run/ Bike/ Run, if you don’t want to bike then choose the Aquathlon Swim / Run, or if you don’t want to run choose the Aquabike Swim/Bike. We even have a Mini Distance Triathlon for beginners that want to try out the sport. We even offer free training groups every week to help people get started, train, and get connected to the San Diego Triathlon Community.
- International Triathlon: 1000m swim – 34k bike – 9k run
- Sprint Triathlon: 500m swim – 17k bike – 5k run
- Sprint Duathlon Run/Bike/Run: 1 mile run – 17k bike – 5k run
- Sprint Aquabike Swim/Bike: 500m swim – 17k bike
- Sprint Aquathlon Swim/Run: 500 Meter Swim & 5K Run
- Mini Sprint Triathlon Swim/Bike/Run (11 yrs & older): 200m swim – 4 mile bike – 1.5 mile run
- Itsy Bitsy Triathlon (7-10 yrs old): 100m swim – 2 mile bike – .75 mile run *