ONEHOPE Autism Care Today for Military Families 5K/10KMission Bay
Use the code “RaceGrader19” to take $5 OFF registration!
Be sure to mark your calendar for the 9th Annual ONEHOPE Autism Care Today for Military Families 5k/10k and Family Festival on Saturday, April 20, 2019, to be held at Tecolote Shores Park in San Diego. Formerly known as ACT Today! Autism Care and Treatment, this race has truly become a favorite event among runners, military families, the autism community and families with school-aged children; and we hope you will join the approximately 1,000 + participants for another fun-filled event.
Since the 2011 inaugural event, this event has raised nearly $800,000 to benefit military families impacted by autism. Autism Care Today for Military Families is a dedicated fund working to improve awareness and delivery of effective autism services, providing financial assistance to military families to help defray out-of-pocket costs associated with autism treatments and other quality of life programs.
- Flat and scenic course
- Chip timed 5k/10k Run/Walk
- Faster online registration for teams, participants, volunteers and donors
- 1 Mile Fun Run open to children and adults
- T-shirts, age division awards, custom bib numbers and runner photos
- Packet pickup party with food and refreshments
- Prizes for top fundraisers and top teams
- Family festival with live entertainment and resource fair
- Children’s activities including bounce houses, face painting, arts & crafts, games.
- Easter egg hunt for kids of all ages
- Beer/ Wine Tent and NEW VIP tent
- Quiet Zone staffed by ABA Therapists
Resource Fair / Race Festival / Exhibitors
Join us for our post-race party which includes music, entertainment and 40+ awesome race exhibitors. There is a beer and wine tent and Kids’ Zone sponsored by Center for Autism & Related Disorders. Our kids zone features a Quiet Zone (10×20 enclosed tent staffed by ABA therapists for children needing a quiet space), inflatable, carnival games with prizes, face painting, art & crafts and fitness area.
- Morning coffee from Starbucks Coffee
- Post race treats from Barons Market and Suja Juice
- Complimentary drinks in the Beer & Wine Garden sponsored by ONEHOPE Wine and Stone Brewing Co. (must be 21+)
- Family Festival sponsored by Center for Autism & Related Disorders, Inc. (CARD) with live music from Northstar, resource fair with 30+ booths and tons of freebies
- Awesome CARD kid’s zone with inflatables, carnival games, face painting, Easter egg hunt and quiet zone
- On-site appearances from the San Diego Padres Pad Squad, San Diego Legion and San Diego Seals
- Great incentives for top fundraising individuals and teams
- T-shirts, finisher medals and high fives for all!