Registration for the 2016 Boston Marathon has now closed. The registration process for the 2016 Boston Marathon began on September 14, and the maximum number of athletes who ran a qualifying performance and submitted their application for entry has now been reached. Registration will not reopen.
The Boston Marathon does not have a waiting list, late registration on race weekend, or race day registration. Neither entry nor bibs may be transferred.
For those who have submitted an application for entry during Week One of registration (September 14 through September 19) but who do not yet see their name posted on the Boston Marathon’s Entry List webpage, please be aware that it may take several days or longer to verify qualifying performances depending on a number of factors. The B.A.A. asks for your cooperation and patience during this verification process. Please do not contact the B.A.A. during this period unless requested to do so by the Registration office.
Runners who submitted their entry during Week Two of registration (September 21 through September 23) will be ranked based on their qualifying performance. The B.A.A. is in the process of verifying qualifying times. Notification will be sent to all runners who submitted an application by the middle of next week, indicating acceptance or non-acceptance.
- The 120th Boston Marathon will be run on Monday, April 18, 2016. The 121st Boston Marathon will be run on April 17, 2017, Patriots’ Day in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- The qualifying window for the 2017 Boston Marathon began on Saturday, September 19, 2015. This was the first day that a qualifying performance may be used for the purpose of qualifying for the 2017 Boston Marathon.
- The qualifying standards for the 2017 Boston Marathon remain the same as in recent years: SEE STANDARDS
- Age on April 17, 2017, determines your qualifying time needed to submit entry for the 2017 Boston Marathon.
- Registration dates for the 2017 Boston Marathon will be announced at a later date on the B.A.A.’s web site,www.baa.org.