Black Bean Salad
Found on Prevention.com
Why it’s a power salad: One cup of black beans contains half you daily dose of hunger-crushing fiber and about 15 grams of protein. But there’s another reason black beans are a dieter’s best friend—studies show adults who eat beans weigh less than those who don’t.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, parsley, onions, vinegar, oil, lemon juice, garlic, and honey or brown sugar. Let the salad marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on 4 salad plates; spoon the salad over the lettuce.
- 1 cup whole-kernel corn
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey or brown sugar
- Ground black pepper
- Lettuce leaves