Today, we celebrate Veterans Day, a national holiday to pay tribute to our military personnel serving or who have served in armed conflicts.
We compiled a top ten list of why we should thank our brave men and woman who serve:
- Because you can vote.
- Because elections aren’t fixed.
- Because you can disagree with your elected leaders without fear of being arrested (freedom of speech, press, assembly, and petition.).
- Because you have the right to worship or not to (freedom of religion).
- Because all boys and girls can attend school and get a public education.
- Because you can travel from sea to shining sea in America without a passport.
- Because you have the freedom to leave the country and come back.
- Because you have the right to dream big and pursue those dreams.
- Because your potential depends on how hard and how smart you work.
- What else?
Our freedoms are greater than any place in the world, but they came with a cost. Freedom is never free.
Thank you to all who currently serve and who have served. We left #10 for you.
What else do you think belongs on this list?