Griffith Park Trail Marathon Relay & 8K
June 03, 2018 · Los Angeles, CA
Distance: 26.2 miles, 8K
Are you ready? Grab four of your closest friends, your baton and run 26.2 miles on a scenic course in the heart of Griffith Park. Rather run solo? Toe the line for a single loop and take in all the beauty that Griffith Park has to offer. Regardless of your choice a festive athlete’s village and tailgate awaits you when you finish.
One of the largest urban parks in the country. Griffith Park is a 4,300-plus acre slice of runner heaven. The grounds include famous sites like the Abandoned Los Angeles Zoo, the Observatory, and the Hollywood Sign. There’s more than 30 trails totaling around 50 miles for runners and hikers. Join us for the Griffith Park Trail Relay Marathon & 8K and get a taste of what the second largest city park has to offer.
The terrain is approximately 2/3 packed dirt and 1/3 fire road. Each runner will be running approximately 5.25 miles with a combined distance of 26.25 miles for all 5 runners.
Each 8K runner will be running approximately 5 miles
- All participants will receive an ultra-soft, ultra-comfy premium short sleeve women’s or men’s cut t-shirt.
- Relay and 8k run are chip timed for fast & accurate results.
- $1500 in Cash prizes for the Open division
- Trophy/Plaque for the top 3 teams in each recreational division and for the top 3 male and female finishers for the 8k
- Finisher’s medal for all participants.
- 3 well supported aid stations with medical staff (2 on course, 1 at start/finish)
- Food and refreshments at the start/finish area.
- DJ and music
- Food truck