Giro di San Diego
October 22, 2017 · Solana Beach, CA
Distance: 105 miles, 38 Miles, 65 miles
Organizers release new dates for the Giro di San Diego GranFondo and new routes for 2017. Back by popular demand the date has been pushed back 5 weeks to cooler weather, now scheduled for late October. The start and finish has moved to Kit Carson Park in Escondido allowing a cooler climb of the Mt Palomar, now positioned only 20 miles from the start. New for this year is a feature route that includes the Mesa Grande, a serene and picturesque loop.
- Breakfast and Coffee at the start
- 17 Uniformed Police, CHP, and Sheriffs
- Closed Road at Lake Wohlford Dr.
- 6 Fully stocked Rest Stops
- 2 Water Stops
- Over 2500 lbs of Ice on the Course
- Chip Timed Route
- Palomar Mt. King & Queen of the Mountain
- 4 Mechanics out on the Road
- 4 SAG Vehicles
- 12 Course Marshals and Traffic Control
- 160 Fantastic Volunteers!
- Post Ride Party with
- Italian Lunch
- Live Band
- Beer Garden
- Free 15 minute Message
- Finisher Medals