Carrera de Los Muertos – San Diego
October 29, 2017 · San Diego, CA
The inaugural Carrera de los Muertos San Diego is a festive and fun 5k that will start and finish at Chicano Park, home of the largest outdoor collection of hispanic murals beneath the Coronado Bay bridge.
Run through the historic and recently redeveloped Barrio bordering the east village in downtown San Diego and stay to celebrate in the park with mariachi, dancers and comida deliciosa! Join family and friends to remember loved ones that have passed in this rich cultural tradition. You will experience a great sense of community through a little exercise, music, dance, face painting and a lot of fun. Nos vemos en la Carrera de los Muertos!
Stuff We All Get (SWAG):
- Bib and entry to the 5k.
- Soft-Cotton t-shirts for all participants.
- Unique Finisher Medal with a jewel eye for all participants.
- Photo assistance at the Los Muertos Black Carpet. More details to come.
- Runners Alter to honor loved ones that have passed.
- Post-Event Festival honoring art, music and community.
- Face Painters available race morning. *Limited capacity.